PCOS和自身免疫疾病are closely related. While diagnosis with PCOS does not necessarily lead to autoimmune issues, research indicates that it increases the likelihood.
具有PCOS的女性通常具有多余的雌激素（“男性”激素，如睾酮）和不规则排卵。这两种症状也与女性的自身免疫有关。Many reports indicate that there is a deep link between autoimmune disease and PCOS, but what exactly links the two together?
Defining Autoimmune Disease
Autoimmune diseases are more or less a combination of genetics and environmental effects. You could inherit an autoimmune disease or an infection may trigger it.
一些专家认为在PCOS增加您的国际扶轮sk of acquiring an autoimmune disease. Others say having PCOS means you are prone to an autoimmune disease, as our thyroid is a common denominator for autoimmunity disease and PCOS.
6 Common PCOS-Linked Autoimmune Diseases
To date, experts say there are at least 80 different types of autoimmune diseases. These are 5 of the most common ones.
- Type 1 Diabetes.People diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes have a condition where their immune system attacks and gets rid of insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. This can lead to high blood sugar levels which can trigger a series of symptoms and conditions on its own such as high blood pressure and organ damage.
- 系统性红斑狼疮。This disease is characterized by the appearance of a butterfly-shaped rash on a person’s face and in other parts of the body. Being systemic, this means this type of autoimmune disease affects more than one organ. The common symptoms include joint pain, fatigue, rashes, which are all found in many other types of diseases and explains why Lupus is difficult to diagnose.
- Celiac Disease.This is an actual autoimmune disorder that causes people to be extra sensitive to food with gluten, a protein found in various wheat, grain, and rye products. When a person with Celiac Disease ingests gluten, the immune system attacks that person’s small intestines, causing inflammation.
- Grave’s Disease.This disease attacks the thyroid gland and causes the organ to overproduce hormones such as testosterone and even insulin.
- Addison’s Disease.This affects the adrenal glands. Our adrenals are responsible for producing cortisol, aldosterone, and androgen hormones. When you have Addison’s, your body’s ability to produce cortisol is impaired and can cause you to poorly metabolize and store carbs and sugar.
- Hashimoto的疾病。This type of immune disorder can cause hypothyroidism or what you call an underactive thyroid. With this disorder, the immune system treats the thyroid as a target which leads to thyroid damage. A damaged thyroid can lead to hormonal disruption. Learn more about PCOS andHashimoto的这里。
PCOS is largely an inflammatory disease, especially because胰岛素抵抗荷尔蒙的Hypersecrion是一种形式inflammation. The link between inflammation and autoimmunity in women with PCOS have been extensively studied by experts.
Some studies note that women with PCOS have antiovarian antibodies. These antibodies have been associated with cases of amenorrhea, absence of menstrual periods, and hypoestrogenemia, a deficiency of estrogen.
AITD is the most common autoimmune disease that affects 5% of women in a population. It is a disorder that causes an immune attack and leads to chronic inflammation of the thyroid. This, in turn, can lead to excessive hormone secretions as seen in women with PCOS.
“由于PCOS患者存在甲状腺自身免疫标记，因此，应研究甲状腺的自身免疫标记的PCOS患者。此外，雌激素，孕酮和甲状腺剖面的紊乱是妇科问题的致病因素，最终可能导致子宫内膜，卵巢和乳腺癌的胎儿丧失和发生。“ - Mopeh H.
Progesterone, PCOS, & Autoimmune Disease
Other researchers point out that low黄体酮导致免疫系统的过度刺激。这导致更多的黄体酮，导致各种自身抗体。
Some of the common autoantibodies detected in PCOS are:
It should also be noted that disturbances in progesterone, estrogen, and overall thyroid profile are considered factors for gynaecological problems which could lead to a variety of reproductive problems and diseases.
Treating Autoimmune Diseases
As mentioned in my article onPCOS and Autoimmune Diseases，您对自身免疫障碍的影响程度易于依赖于您的肠道健康。
Our gut is home to billions of bacteria and accounts for about 80% of our immune system. Unfortunately for women with PCOS, we have the type of bacteria that renders our gut’s protective coating vulnerable to toxin-induced damages. Common medications such asmetforminand the birth control pill further alter the gut biome. Our body then responds with inflammation and worsens our gut health even more.
A healthy gut means a lower risk for autoimmunity, so it’s only natural to want to care for it. Here are some diet tips to improve your gut health.
- Eat more fiber.高纤维食品是肠道菌群的营养来源。没有纤维，肠道菌群的生长减缓，这可能导致疾病和整体免疫反应质量。
- Eat more Prebiotic-rich foods.良好的益生元来源是朝鲜蓟，菊苣根，韭菜，洋葱，芦笋，菠菜，豆类，香蕉和燕麦。
- Fermented foods are your friends.益生菌茁壮成长fermented foodslike sauerkraut, miso, tempeh, kefir, and kimchi.
- Take a probiotic.Probioticshelpreplace your lost natural intestinal tract organisms, providing support for GI health and promoting a healthy immune response.
- Romitti M, Fabris VC, Ziegelmann PK, Maia AL, Spritzer PM. Association between PCOS and autoimmune thyroid disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Endocr Connect. 2018;7(11):1158-1167. Published 2018 Oct 26. doi:10.1530/EC-18-0309
- Chattopadhyay D, Sen MR, Katiyar P, Pandey LK. Antiovarian antibody in premature ovarian failure. Indian J Med Sci. 1999;53(6):254-258.
- Hefler-Frischmuth K，Walch K，HueBL W，Baumuehlner K，Tempfer C，Hefler L.具有多囊卵巢综合征的女性自身免疫的血清学标记。Fertil SteTil。2010; 93（7）：2291-2294。DOI：10.1016 / J.FERTNST2009.01.056
- Escobar-Morreale HF, Roldán B, Barrio R, et al. High prevalence of the polycystic ovary syndrome and hirsutism in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85(11):4182-4187. doi:10.1210/jcem.85.11.6931
- Mopeen H，afzal n，Kashif M.多囊卵巢综合征可能是一种自身免疫性疾病。Scientifica（开罗）。2016; 2016：4071735。DOI：10.1155 / 2016/4071735